The Professional Certificate in Critical Care Nursing (PCCCN) is a 6 months homegrown programme offered by the School of Nursing, KPJ Healthcare University College, Nilai Negeri Sembilan. It obtained its approval from the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) on 19 July 2012 and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). The structure of the curriculum is guided by the Standard and Guidelines of the Nursing Board of Malaysia. The Professional Certificate in Critical Care Nursing (PCCCN) is 32 Credits. PCCCN has just completed Accreditation by MQA and LJM on 1st and 2nd November 2018. Awaiting for its full report.
This course is designed primarily to prepare Registered Nurses with foundation knowledge and skills to confidently manage the nursing care of the patient in a critical care setting. It is also aims to prepare the nurses to provide organized, comprehensive care to patients, that includes the management of sophisticated technology.
Name : Mariyani Omar
Email : email@example.com
Code – (R/723/1/0158) – (03/2022) (MQA/FA1158)
- Duration – Full Time (6 Months / 1 Long Semester)Semester)
- Fees – Local: RM10,000 / ACLS & BLS Training Fees: RM1,500
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – July
- Registered with Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM)
- Possess a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) for nurses
- Minimum two (2) years clinical working experience
- Possess three (3) months experience in the related specialty
- All candidates must be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner within one month from commencement of the nursing programme.
- Candidates with any of the following medical conditions cannot be admitted into the programme such as:
– HIV / AIDS
– Hepatitis B
– Hepatitis C
– Mental health disorders
– Colour blindness
- Candidate must not have physical disabilities or impaired senses that hinder nursing dexterity Pregnancy is not allowed throughout the course
This module is to provide the students with fundamental concepts and tools for critical care nurses in order to deal with human responses to life threatening problem on the patients and families.
This module will provide students with knowledge and skills related to ventilator assistant which can be applied to Acute Respiratory Failure patients.
This module will provide the students on analyzing the basic electrocardiography tracing with systemic interpretation of dysrythmias, management and intervention on patient with cardiovascular disorder and during the code event.
This subject is to provide the student the opportunity to apply the foundational knowledge and skills to practice confidentially and competently to manage the nursing care of the critically ill patient across the life span.
This module will provide the students with knowledge in management of patients with Acute Renal Failure, Endocrine and Gastrointestinal alterations in the critical care setting.
This module will provide students with knowledge and management in Nervous System Alterations, Trauma and surgical management and Burns in the critical care setting.
This module will provide the students with the knowledge and skills necessary in handling patient with problem of haematology and immune disorder, shock, sepsis and multiorgan dysfunction and neonatal problem in the critical care setting.
This subject is to provide the student the opportunity to apply the foundational knowledge and skills to practice confident in the nursing care of the critically ill patient across the life span.