Diploma in Nursing offers students an ability to function effectively with and possess a body of knowledge sufficient in depth to begin professional practice. This program prepares the students for professional practice in an excellent way and also for continuing personal development. Further this program enable the student to function collaboratively and effectively as a healthcare provider and team member.
On successful completion of 3 yrs. Diploma in Nursing program at KPJUC, candidates will be eligible to sit for national level Nursing Board exam (LJM). After the achievement, they will be awarded State Registered Nurse (SRN) status. They will be employed* by KPJ Healthcare Berhad hospitals nationwide and other healthcare institutions. Upon verification done by the respective country’s nursing board for equivalence, candidates are eligible to work worldwide.
Apart from working in the hospital, our students stand a good chance to explore any other organization which requires nurses in certain department. For example they can work at factory as nurse industry, working at offshore, insurance company and etc. It is worth taking up this course as they have better future choice once they qualified.
Financing your Study
For 2020, KPJ offers a lot of opportunities for Scholarship in the form of Biasiswa by Merit that reflects our commitment in grooming future professionals and leaders in the healthcare sector. With the combination of PTPTN and our Scholarship, many students may not need to pay or pay very little tuition. Hostel accommodation for the whole duration of 3 years of your study which is readily included in the tuition and fee. Please refer the following Table for an indication of how much you will actually need to pay or will receive for your study. This calculation is based on the condition that you, like almost all our present students, are approved and receive PTPTN to pay for your tuition and fee. We would help you to apply for PTPTN during your orientation week.
*BSH=Bantuan Sara Hidup
Code –R2/723/4/0073 (07/2023) (MQA/FA8752)
- Duration – 3 Years
- Fees – Local : RM46,200
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJIC Johor
- Intake – Through out the year
Pass SPM or equivalent
- Pass in English
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu
- Credit in any Mathematics subject AND any Science subject
- Credit in 2 other subjects
Pass SPM or equivalent
- Obtained ≥ 3 years clinical work experience
- Possess Assistant Nurse Certificate OR Community Nurse Certificate
- Registered with Malaysian Nursing Board (MNB)
- Possess current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) for nurses from MNB
* SPM Credit = Grade C or above
* SPM Pass = Grade E or above
* Science subjects include Science, Applied Science, Physics, Biology and Chemistry
* Mathematics subjects include Elementary, Additional and Modern
* Equivalent = Refers to the overseas academic qualifications obtained that are equivalent to SPM as approved by MQA