The Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing at KPJ Healthcare University College is a programme to engage in the systematic generation of evidence (theoretical and empirical associated with researchable issues in nursing. area of interest and with the current need for evidence based practice ( EBP) for the provision of high quality health care , initiating change and improving nursing practices. This is a research-based program where students conduct research under the guidance of a supervisor and submit the thesis at the end of the program
Nursing faculty member
- As Nurse faculty members she /he is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating program curricula and mentoring nursing students
- Teaching responsibilities they are expected to conduct research, disseminate this research in scholar journals and research
Director of nursing research
- A nurse researcher who serves as administrator of the nursing research department of health care facility .
- Coordinator of the facility’s nursing research program
- Supervise other nursing research employees. He or she is responsible for overseeing all nursing research projects conducted within the facility.
- Responsible for designing and implementation of desired research study.
Director of clinical services
- As clinical administrator he/she is responsible in overseeing daily operation of patient care department in a health care facility.
- A liaison between upper management and department managers. Although the director is not involved in direct patient care, he or she is aware of the work flows in each department that promote optimal patient care.
- Generate and receive reports addressing the efficiency of departmental work flows, to improve effort on efficiency and patient satisfaction
Name : Salida Johari
Email : email@example.com
Code –(N/723/8/0051) (04/2019)
- Duration –Full Time: 3 Years / Part Time: 4 Years
- Fees – Local: RM40,000 / International : RM56,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – March, July and September
A candidates who intends to apply the PhD programme must fulfil the following criteria:
- Possess a Master Degree from any recognized Institution of Higher Learning with related disciplines accepted by the higher education provider (HEP) Senate.
The research project must be in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. Period of candidature for this program shall not be less than 24 months and should not exceed 36 months for fulltime candidate. For part time candidate the minimum period is 36 months and the maximum period is 48 months. Candidates must notify the School three months before their intention to submit the research paper.
Evaluation for a master student by research shall include :-
- Evaluation of research proposal. A student is required to present a research proposal for evaluation purposes within the duration specified by the University, failing which the student may be given unsatisfactory (US) status.
- Semester evaluation by the supervisor (Progress report)
- Thesis examination by the internal and external examiner
- Oral defense of thesis to a Panel for Viva Examiners
- Candidates are required to complete Research Methodology course prior to proposal defense presentation and obtainment of ethical approval.
- Continuous assessment: Supervision record, progress report for each semester, proposal presentation and ethical approval.
- Award requirements: Thesis submission, pass oral presentation with 1 acceptance of publications in peer reviewed journal.