At the end of the program participants are expected to:
- Understand basic terminology used in prevention and control of infection.
- Understand the basis of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases and its relevance in Infection Control.
- Describe the mechanism of spread of infection and strategies in prevention and control of infection.
- Educate healthcare professionals on the principles and practice of infection control.
- Demonstrate standard and transmission-based precautions.
- Adhere to standards governing prevention and control of infection.
- Identify structure and function of infection control team in a health care setting.
- Discuss issues related to waste management.
- Discuss the implication of surveillance in clinical practice.
- Identify areas within the scope of work where infection may be transmitted.
- Understand infection control issues in relation to healthcare facilities.
- Under standard the SPCC process
- Apply SPCC into practice
Date : 12th – 23th March 2018
Time : 9.00 am – 5.00pm
Venue : KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital
Contact Person : Susheela (014-4437425)
For further information : KPJ Infection Control Workshop