The Master of General Surgery is a 4 years programme, conducted in collaboration with Department of Surgery, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and accredited KPJ hospitals such as KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital and KPJ Puteri Specialist Hospital. Supervision is provided by general surgeons consultant with clinical and surgical expertise in every major area, providing close supervision and consultation for all trainees to assist them in planning a surgical career. Clinical research , as a method of developing the appropriate approach to clinical problems, is expected from all residents. Trainees are expected to write case reports and conduct clinical research for their final thesis.
Code – (N/721/7/0052) – (02/2020)
- Duration–Full Time (4 Years / 8 Semesters)
- Fees – Local: RM250,000 / International : RM350,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake –July and December
A. University College, Conjoint Board and Ministry of Health Criteria
- Possess a Medical Degree (MD, MBBS and MBChB) or equivalent qualifications from Universities recognized by the Senate of the University;
- Must be registered for medical practice by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) and possess a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC);
- At least 2 years of clinical training / practice after they have obtained their Medical Degrees and completed the housemanship;
- Sits for the written screening examination;
- Performance at interview;
- Any other criteria deemed suitable by the Senate;
- International candidates must have a valid Practicing Certificate from the country of origin and a Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC) from Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Graduates of Medical School outside Malaysia must complete at least 3 months of clinical attachments;
- Proficient in the English Language: TOEFL score of 750 or IELTS grade 7 or an equivalent International English Competency test;
- Financial guarantee or scholarship;
- At least 3 years of working experience after internship at the time of entry into the program
- The programme follows the general standard set by the Conjoint Board of General Surgery
- A Full time 4 year programme – 2 years rotation in accredited KPJ Specialist Hospitals and 2 years at University Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC)
- Part 1 examination will be conducted at University Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC).
- Candidates will sit for the final National Conjoint Board of General Surgery examination after completion of training
- Candidate are required to submit numbers of case write ups, journal publications, log book and dissertation before final examination.