Master of Science in Nursing is a programme to prepare the Expert Nurse interest with the current need for Evidence Based Practice (EBP) for the provision of high quality health care , initiating change and improving nursing practices. This is a research-based program where students conduct research under the guidance of a supervisor and submit their thesis at the end of the program. The students will be enhanced with research methodology and statistical skills before starting the research project.
The graduates of this program have ample job opportunities in local and international in specialized areas such as working in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Emergency Department (ED), Orthopedics and Trauma, Neuro-Medical/Surgical Unit, Cardiothoracic and in other settings where patients are acutely ill an in need of comprehensive assessment of multiple body systems and intensive therapies.
Career opportunity after completing the programme, are can Advanced Nurse Practitioners ,.Nurse Administrator ,Nurse Educator ,Researcher and Consultant (in their field of experience or expertise)
Code –R/723/7/0050 10/2022 (MQA/FA1764)
- Duration –
Local Full Time – 2 years / Part Time – 3 Years
International Full time – 3 semester
- Fees – Local: RM28, 000 / International : RM50,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – March, July and September
- A Bachelor degree in related disciplines
- CGPA ≥ 2.5 OR
- A Bachelor degree in related discipline
- CGPA 2.00 – 2.50,
- ≥ 3 years of working experience in related discipline.
* All candidates must registered with Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM)
Similar as Malaysian candidate, AND must possess IELTS ≥ 5.5 or TOEFL ≥ 550 or equivalent.
* All candidates must registered with Nursing Board country of origin.
The research project must be in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. Period of candidature for this program shall not be less than 24 months and should not exceed 36 months for fulltime candidate. For part time candidate the minimum period is 36 months and the maximum period is 48 months. Candidates must notify the School three months before their intention to submit the research paper.
Evaluation for a master student by research shall include :-
- Evaluation of research proposal. A student is required to present a research proposal for evaluation purposes within the duration specified by the University, failing which the student may be given unsatisfactory (US) status.
- Semester evaluation by the supervisor (Progress report)
- Thesis examination by the internal and external examiner
- Oral defense of thesis to a Panel for Viva Examiners
- Candidates are required to complete Research Methodology course prior to proposal defend presentation and obtain ethical approval.
- Continuous assessment: Supervision record, progress report for each semester, proposal presentation and ethical approval.
- Award requirements: Thesis submission, pass oral presentation with 1 acceptance of publications in peer reviewed journal.