The Master of Orthopaedic programme is a 4-year training programme aimed at progressive mastery of knowledge, skills and attitude, increasing responsibilities and independence. The Programme recognizes the importance of orthopaedic surgical skill preparation for the qualifying examinations of the Malaysian Conjoint Board of Orthopaedic. The collaboration with Universiti Malaysia Kebangsaan Medical Center (UKMMC), trainee will be trained at accredited KPJ Hospitals before they will be posted at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC) for the 3rd and 4th year rotation to assist in their preparation. Finally, trainees will sit for the Malaysian Conjoint Board of Orthopaedic qualifying examination at the end of the 4 year program.
Name : Assoc Prof (C) Dr Syah Irwan
Email : email@example.com
Code – (N/721/7/0051) – (07/2020)
- Duration– Full Time (4 Years / 8 Semesters)
- Fees – RM250,000 / International : RM350,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – December
University College and Conjoint Board Orthopaedics criteria
- Possess a Medical Degree (MD, MBBS and MBChB) (Level 6 MQF) or equivalent qualifications from Universities recognized by the Senate of the University College;
- Must be registered for medical practice by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) and possess a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC);
- Preference for candidates with 3 years experience after housemanship at the time of entry in to the programme;
- Performance in previous examinations including a credit in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia;
- Graduates from non-commonwealth universities are additionally required to have an acceptable grade of English Language Proficiency (Pass in TOEFL / IELTS or an equivalent international English test)
Ministry of Health Criteria :
- 4 years of service with experience outside Kuala Lumpur and major hospitals;
- Annual appraisal scores of > 85% for 3 consecutive years;
- Age < 40 years upon starting the programme;
- Free of any disciplinary actions;
- No record of failing or withdrawing from programme previously;
- No record of rejecting the offer to enroll in the programme previously.
Graduates of Medical School outside Malaysia who have completed at least 3 months of clinical attachments with the Department of Orthopedics;
- Proficient in the English Language: TOEFL score of 750 or IELTS grade 7 or an equivalent International English Competency test;
- Registered with the Malaysian Medical Council for Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC);
- Financial guarantee or scholarship;
- At least 3 years of working experience after internship at the time of entry into the program
- Not more than 37 years of age at the time of entry into the programme.
- The programme follows the general standard set by the Conjoint Board of Orthopaedic
- A Full Time 4 year programme – 2 years rotation in accredited KPJ Specialist Hospitals and 2 years at University Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC)
- Part 1 examination will be conducted at University Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC).
- Candidates will sit for the final National Conjoint Board of Orthopaedic examination after completion of training