This is a research based postgraduate degree (Master by Research) in developing evidence-based knowledge and innovation in Health Sciences. This Program provides quality advancement in research-based project for career development in area of speciality (Musculoskeletal, Cardiorespiratory, Neurology, Geriatrics, Ergonomics and Sport Physiotherapy).
Academicians / Rehabilitation Manager / Clinical Experts / Research & Development Officers / Scientist
Code – N/726/7/0018 (10/2019) (MQA/PA2169)
- Duration –
Full Time : 2 Years (4 semesters)
Part Time : 3 Years (6 semesters)
For International :
Full Time : 1 and half years (3 semesters)
- Fees – Local: RM28,000 / International : RM50,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – March, July and September
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent CGPA ≥ 2.75 in related field as accepted by the HEP Senate
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent with CGPA 2.50 – 2.75, subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field with CGPA < 2.50 and work experience ≥ 5 years in the related field.
Similar as Malaysian candidate, AND must possess IELTS ≥ 5.5 or TOEFL ≥ 550 or equivalent.
Period of candidature for this program shall not be less than 24 months and should not exceed 36 months for fulltime candidate. For part time candidate the minimum period is 36 months and the maximum period is 48 months. Candidates must notify the School three months before their intention to submit the research paper.
Evaluation for a master student by research shall include :-
- Evaluation of research proposal. Candidates/ students are required to present a research proposal for evaluation purposes within the duration specified by the University, failing which students may be given unsatisfactory (US) status.
- Semester evaluation by the supervisor (Progress report)
- Thesis examination by the internal and external examiner
- Oral defense of thesis to a Panel for Viva Examiners
- Candidates are required to complete Research Methodology course prior to proposal defense presentation and obtainment of ethical approval.
- Continuous assessment: Supervision record, progress report for each semester, proposal presentation and ethical approval.
- Award requirements: Thesis submission, pass oral presentation with 1 acceptance of publications in peer reviewed journal.