The Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Technology (Research) designed for enhancing innovative skills through research in pharmaceutical technology leading to drug discovery and dosage form development. This programme provides quality education focused on research and novel developments in pharmaceuticals. The research covers a board area in Pharmaceutical, Cosmeceuticals, Nutraceuticals, Herbal study, Veterinary, Marine and Food processing etc.
Pharmaceutical Industry (Production Chemist, Drug Discovery, Formulation Research and Development, Analytical Research and Development), Clinical Research, Academics, Hospital administration, Medical Marketing.
Name : Dr Hanish Singh JC
Email : email@example.com
Contact No : 011 15096775
Code –N/727/7/0019 (04/2019)
- Duration –Full Time – 2 Year / Part Time -3 Years
- Fees – Local: RM28,000 / International : RM50,000
- Mode : Full Time
- Campus : KPJUC Nilai
- Intake – March, July and September
- A Bachelor’S Degree (MQF level 6) or equivalent in related field with minimum CGPA 2.75 as approved by SENATE; AND
- A Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) or equivalent CGPA in related fields ranging from 2.50 to 2.75 is acceptable subject to the PPT internal assessment; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) or equivalent CGPA in related field below 2.50 is acceptable subject with minimum of five (5) years working experience in relevant field.
- Pass International English Language Testing Services (IELTS) with minimum score 5.5;
- Pass Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) with minimum score 550
Upon enrolment to the master’s programme, the research scholar/ student is are required to prepare a proposal of research project. The research proposal will be prepared in consultation with the supervisor. Research Proposal should comply with the standard format from Research Management Centre, KPJUC (Research Approval Application Form either for Human Study or Animal Study)
The research project must be in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. Period of candidature for this program shall not be less than 24 months and should not exceed 36 months for fulltime candidate. For part time candidate the minimum period is 36 months and the maximum period is 48 months. Candidates must notify the School three months before their intention to submit the research paper.
Evaluation for a master student by research shall include :-
- Evaluation of research proposal. A student is required to present a research proposal for evaluation purposes within the duration specified by the University, failing which the student may be given unsatisfactory (US) status.
- Semester evaluation by the supervisor (Progress report)
- Thesis examination by the internal and external examiner
- Oral defense of thesis to a Panel for Viva Examiners
- Candidates are required to complete Research Methodology course prior to proposal defend presentation and obtain ethical approval.
- Continuous assessment: Supervision record, progress report for each semester, proposal presentation and ethical approval.
- Award requirements: Thesis submission, pass oral presentation with 1 acceptance of publications in peer reviewed journal.