Personal Data Protection Notice for KPJ Healthcare University College
KPJ Healthcare University College (KPJUC) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which has come into effect on 13th November 2013. . Please note that KPJUC may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, KPJ Healthcare University College (hereinafter referred to as”KPJUC”, “us” or “we”) is committed to ensure complete compliance with the Act.
For purposes of this PDPA Notice, kindly note that:
- “KPJ Healthcare University College” refers to the company which manages the collection and use of your personal data (hereinafter referred to as “KPJUC”).
- “Personal Information” refers to any information which relates to directly or indirectly to you and/or your child and/or your transactions with us and from which you and/or your child may be identified or are identifiable from such information. This information may include name, identification card/ passport number, address, occupation, contact details, details of your account(s), credit card information, academic records, personal images, the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and/or your child and your transaction(s) including Sensitive Personal Information, information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) and security recording), images (including photographs) and location tracking/ GPS information.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” refers to information relating to health and medical condition, political opinions, religious beliefs, legal convictions and any other personal data as may be determined by law from time to time.
We hope this collection and use of personal data notice (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA Notice”) is able to help you to understand how we collect, record, use, disclose, store and control (hereinafter collectively referred to as, “processed” and/or “processing”, as the case may be), where applicable, the personal data that we collected.
This Notice gives you a good understanding on how we handle your personal data that we collect, process and store, either now and/or in the future. This document is also intended to give you, as a data subject, knowledge on how you can control our disclosure of such data. Please read, sign and date this notice to acknowledge that you understand and agree with its content.
- Sources of Personal Information:
1.1 Student or potential student:
KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents when you, your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/or when you, your parents/guardian and/or your recruitment agents visit our campuses. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
1.2 Parent/ guardian of our student or potential student:
KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your child, recruitment agents when you send us completed enquiry, application and/ or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/ or when you, your child and/ or your recruitment agents visit our campuses. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.1.3 Client/ customer or potential client/ customer for our product, services, events, conferences, seminar and/or other marketing activities organised by us:KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you when you express an interest to be contacted for such events and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us). Your information may also be collected indirectly (for example, via trade/online directories) or from cookies through the use of our website.1.4 Scholarship recipient:KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you when you fill up the application form via online/ physical hardcopy. Your information may also be collected indirectly from your parents and guardians or from cookies through the use of our website.
1.5 Vendor, supplier or service provider: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects or as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Obligatory personal information
- All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise.
- Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we may be unable to process your request and/ or provide with relevant services.
- Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information.
- Student or potential student: your personal information is collected and further processes by KPJUC as required permitted by law and for various academic, educational and administrative purposes, including the following:
- To establish your personal identification and background;
- To assess and process your application for admission and scholarship, insurance coverage, and visa application (as may be applicable);
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of KPJUC’s product and services via appropriate communication channels including through WhatsApp, short messaging service, telephone calls, electronic mail, facsimile and/or any other appropriate channels (hereinafter referred to as “Communication Channels”)
- To inform you on KPJUC’s latest education and service announcements and upcoming events including providing you with information on our and third party products, services and offers which may be of interest to you through the Communication Channels;
- To inform you about the progress of students, out tuition fees and other relevant payment;
- To share the Personal Data when required by sponsor, programmes certification bodies, local and international higher education institutions, auditors for internal auditing and reporting, as well as insurance companies to apply for and obtain insurance policy, risk and safety management;
- For periodic data analysis, research and to produce data, reports and statistics which have been redacted or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you to improve our services, customer communication and analysis of your transactions with us;
- To manage our business and your relationship with us;
- To update, consolidate and improve accuracy of our internal record keeping;
- To contact you in the event of an emergency or accident;
- To protect or enforce our rights to recover and debt owing to us;
- To respond to requests or complaints received by us, to the extent that is necessary; and
- For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations and/or guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time.
- To assist you in placement, internships or attachments with third parties (where such internships, placements or attachments are required in order to complete your course);
- To manage your use of our facilities and management of our events such as resources centre, hostel, computing facilities, graduation, alumni;
- To operate our campuses in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- To ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
- To fulfil any requirements of enforced laws and rules and disclose under the requirements of any enforced laws, regulations, directive, court orders, guideline, directives, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars or canon law enforced against KPJUC; and
- For KPJUC internal records management.
- How is your data collected?
- Most, if not all of your personal data was obtained from you, either from the following the sources or from any other information you provided:
- When you register your details on the website for product and service inquiries;
- When you complete a new student registration form and a new student information form, as well as request or apply to register as KPJUC students (walk-in registration or electronic registration);
- When you communicate directly with the officers from the academic department, marketing department or any of our representative at KPJUC (face-to-face, e-mail, telephone, courier, or through any other medium) regarding our product and services;
- When you make any financial transactions to KPJUC’s
- When you join, and when you interact with us during promotions, contests, tournaments, lucky draws, or special events at our location;
- When you participate in surveys or other researches; or
- If you are candidate applying for a position at KPJUC or when you fill out forms regarding recruitment and selection process for evaluation purposes. We may also collect information about you from your referees provided that you have given us your consent.
- The date and time you accessed each page on our website;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages you accesses.
- Some of our web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of Personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact information etc.). Such personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message and/or deliver the requested services.
- Our websites may include links to external sites, including sites of group entities, and third parties sites. Links to these external sites do not imply any endorsement of such sites (or any products or services offered thereon) by us or any warranty or guarantee of any personal information provided thereon. We disclaim and exclude any responsibility or liability for any external site for which a link has been provided on our website and this PDPA Notice shall not apply to any such sites. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the other websites.
- Disclosures and transfers of personal information (within or outside of Malaysia)
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law;
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government department/ agencies;
- To any agents, service provider and payment channels for payment purposes;
- Companies and/ or organisations that assist us in providing value-added services that you have requested;
- Any business entity within our group;
- Sponsors including your parents/guardians (only applicable to students);
- Our consultants, auditors, lawyers or other professional advisers;
- Your consultants, auditors, lawyers or other professional advisers as have been authorised by you; and
- Any person connected to the enforcement or presentation of any our rights under your agreement(s) with us or as is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions;
- Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities (within or outside of Malaysia) within JCorp groups of company (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners).
- KPJUC will ensure that:
- Access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- Only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
- Disclosure for Marketing Purposes
- Additionally, the individual entities within KPJUC, our merchants and strategic partners may contact you about products, services and offers which we believe may be of interest to you however any disclosure of personal information will not include information relating to your affairs or accounts.
- You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, from individual entities within KPJUC and/or from our merchants and strategic partners by writing to us. Your latest instructions to us will prevail. Please take note that certain Communication Channels contain standard information regarding our other products and services that cannot be removed without affecting the delivery/ provision of our services and/or products.
- Access and correct your personal information
- We can assist you to access and correct your personal information provided to us.
- If you would like to request access to your personal information, please fill in the PERSONAL DATA ACCESS REQUEST FORM and send the completed form to the contact details provided below at Section 8 below; subject to payment of the relevant processing fee (if applicable). We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with a copy of the requested personal information within twenty-one (21) days of receiving your duty completed Access Request and the applicable processing fee.
- Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. In any event, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
- Where your data access request is successful and you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not-up-to-date, you may make a request to correct such personal information.
- You can also assist us to keep your personal information (such as your current mailing address) up-to-date, as it will enable us to serve you better.
- In the event you wish to correct/ update your personal information previously provided to us, please write in or notify us at the address provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to correct your personal information within twenty-one (21) days of receiving your written request.
- Please note that KPJUC may use its discretion in allowing the correction/ update requested or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
- Exercising Your Right in Respect of Disclosure and Use of Your Personal Information
- Subject always to the applicable laws and regulations, you may request for access and/or request for correction of your Personal Information or make any inquiries or complaints in relation to the processing of your Personal Information by contacting the following personnel for further assistance:-
|Name : Asrina Asri
Tel : 06-7042670
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|You may also write in to:
KPJ HEALTHCARE UNIVERISTY COLLEGE
LOT PT 17010, PERSIARAN SERIEMAS, KOTA SERIEMAS
71800 NILAI, NEGERI SEMBILAN
- Retention of personal information
- Your personal information will be retained by us in compliance with this PDPA Notice and/or the relevant applicable laws and guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time for the duration of your relationship and for such period as may be necessary to protect the interest of both KPJUC and you. Such retention is also necessary as required by law or in accordance with our internal policies.
- In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.
- Revisions to this PDPA Notice
Our PDPA Notice may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure and if there is/are any revision(s), it will be posted on our website and/or other Communication Channels deemed suitable by us. In any event, do periodically review this PDPA Notice, which will be posted on our website or alternatively you may contact us at the contact information in Section 8 above to stay informed on how we are protecting your personal information