In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued clients and/or prospective clients. This Notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/or will be, collected and processed by us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with KPJ Healthcare University College (KPJUC), its subsidiary (ies), its associated company (ies) (“we”, “our”, “us” or “company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the “Purpose” herein that is in connection with our business.
DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Identity Card no;
- Email address;
- Mobile phone no;
- Passport no;
- IP address;
- Images (still/recording)
- Sensitive personal data, and any;
- Personally Identifiable Information (Pll) defined by International laws or standards
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Student or potential student: your personal information is collected and further processes by KPJUC as required permitted by law and for various academic, educational and administrative purposes, including the following:
- To establish your personal identification and background;
- To assess and process your application for admission and scholarship, insurance coverage, and visa application (as may be applicable);
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of KPJUC’s product and services via appropriate communication channels including through WhatsApp, short messaging service, telephone calls, electronic mail, facsimile and/or any other appropriate channels (hereinafter referred to as “Communication Channels”)
- To inform you on KPJUC’s latest education and service announcements and upcoming events including providing you with information on our and third party products, services and offers which may be of interest to you through the Communication Channels;
- To inform you about the progress of students, tuition fees and other relevant payment;
- To share the Personal Data when required by sponsor, programmes certification bodies, local and international higher education institutions, auditors for internal auditing and reporting, as well as insurance companies to apply for and obtain insurance policy, risk and safety management;
- For periodic data analysis, research and to produce data, reports and statistics which have been redacted or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you to improve our services, customer communication and analysis of your transactions with us;
- To manage our business and your relationship with us;
- To update, consolidate and improve accuracy of our internal record keeping;
- To contact you in the event of an emergency or accident;
- To protect or enforce our rights to recover and debt owing to us;
- To respond to requests or complaints received by us, to the extent that is necessary; and
- For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations and/or guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time.
- To assist you in placement, internships or attachments with third parties (where such internships, placements or attachments are required in order to complete your course);
- To manage your use of our facilities and management of our events such as resources centre, hostel, computing facilities, graduation, alumni;
- To operate our campuses in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- To ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
- To fulfil any requirements of enforced laws and rules and disclose under the requirements of any enforced laws, regulations, directive, court orders, guideline, directives, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars or canon law enforced against KPJUC; and
- For KPJUC internal records management.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Student or potential student: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents when you, your parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/or when you, your parents/guardian and/or your recruitment agents visit our campuses. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Parent/ guardian of our student or potential student: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your child, recruitment agents when you send us completed enquiry, application and/ or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/ or when you, your child and/ or your recruitment agents visit our campuses. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Client/ customer or potential client/ customer for our product, services, events, conferences, seminar and/or other marketing activities organised by us: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you when you express an interest to be contacted for such events and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us). Your information may also be collected indirectly (for example, via trade/online directories) or from cookies through the use of our website.
- Scholarship recipient: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you when you fill up the application form via online/ physical hardcopy. Your information may also be collected indirectly from your parents and guardians or from cookies through the use of our website.
- Vendor, supplier or service provider: KPJUC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects or as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
KPJUC uses strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access wherever possible. Personal data provided to KPJUC via our website or via any Applications, online credit card transactions are protected during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When personal data is stored by KPJUC, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Data stored in cloud services is in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage. The level of security of personal data which kept in a non-electronic environment are also treated with strict procedures and means.
The cookies used by the Website are solely associated to anonymous users and their computers and do not provide personal data on users. Some cookies are used by third parties to provide KPJUC with data on the effectiveness of its engagements and promotions. The cookies used by the Website not in any way collect personal data that could be used to identify a specific user. In addition, cookies are of a temporary nature, used solely a specific user. In addition, cookies are of a temporary nature, used solely to improve the efficiency of the last transmission. Users may configure their browser to notify them of the reception of cookies and to prevent their installation on their computer.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We are very serious about providing a comparable level of protection for personal data should the information be processed or used outside Malaysia by our vendors or experts.
- MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
Upon subscribing to our services, you will be receiving marketing and/or promotional emails or calls from us, which includes monthly promotions and information on future events. If you do not wish to receive any promotional news or calls please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and you will be excluded from our newsletters and contacts.
- DATA SUBJECT’S OBLIGATIONS
It is necessary for KPJUC to collect and to retain clients’ personal data. Therefore, it is also obligatory for clients to supply personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If clients do not provide us with personal data, KPJUC is unable to, process personal data on clients’ behalf, for the Purpose stated in clause 4 herein, or effectively render our services to clients, and all relationships created or to be created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
- THE RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECT
- To request access to personal data
Clients have the right to request for access to personal data processed by us on with reasonable notice. Access request can be made through online by filing up the Data Access Request Form.
- To request correction of personal data
Clients have the rights to request for correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. Correction requests can be made through online by filing up the Data Correction Request. To limit processing of your personal data, Clients are entitled to limit our processing of personal data by expressly withdrawing the consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.