The Master of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery KPJ Healthcare University College (KPJUC) follows the general standard set by the Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Conjoint Board
- A Fulltime 4 years programme with rotations at accredited KPJ Healthcare Specialist Hospitals
- Candidates will also be posted to department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Ministry of Health hospitals and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre(UKMMC) to enhance clinical skills and experience
- Part 1 examination is conducted at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre(UKMMC)
- Candidates sit for the final National Conjoint Board of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery examination after completion of training
- Need to submit specific number of case write ups/Journal Publications, log Book and Dissertation before eligible to sit for final examination
MODE OF STUDY
The hallmark of our training programme is ‘one-to-one’, hands-on apprenticeship, where each candidate is supervised by a consultant. Candidates will be supervised by experienced KPJ ENT consultants on a 2 to 6 monthly rotation.
In the early part of the training, candidates are introduced to basic skills for outpatient assessment, care of inpatients and basic ENT procedures. Adequate time is given for self-study in preparation for the Part 1 Basic Surgical Sciences examination. As the candidates gain experience and become more proficient he/she will be allowed to progress in level of supervised clinical skills learning opportunities.
Candidates will be given increasing responsibility in formulating diagnostic workups and treatment plans as their experience and competence increase. Candidates can evaluate inpatient and emergency conditions under the supervision of consultants.
In the operating room, candidates are always supervised, but allowed to become more independent in decision making and performance of procedures as their skills evolve, guided b immediate formative feedback by the consultant. As candidates gain further patient care and clinical skills experience, he/she progresses in responsibility to one of supervised independence’, where the supervising consultant is always involved in the care of every patient and has ultimate responsibility.
Program Code: (R/721/7/0024) – (04/10/2022)
Duration of Programme: Full Time (4 Years / 8 Semesters)
- Local: RM200,000
- International: RM280,000
ENT Surgeon / Otorhinolaryngologist